Misurata Free Zone is the first free-trade economic zone to be established on the Libyan territory In accordance to Law No. 9/2000, regulating free trade activities, and aiming at diversification of revenue sources, enhancing local economy's performance and opening employment and training opportunities through the creation of an attractive investment environment for various economic activities and transit trade through optimal utilization of the local potentials and resources available, such as the distinct strategic geographical location and presence of the seaport.
Misurata Free Zone is located in the middle of the Mediterranean basin, between longitude (15.13 E) and latitude (32.22 N), on an area of 3539 hectares including the seaport.
This area is divided into two prime sites:
- Site A: 539 hectares, including the sea port.
- Site B: 3000 hectares, located 8km southeast of site A.
We enhance the local economy and create work opportunities.
To be a pioneer Investor hub in the field of free-trade zones for the Mediterranean basin countries.
To contribute to the development and prosperity of the local economy by diversifying revenue sources and development of an attractive investment environment for investors, through optimal utilization of the local potentials and resources available, within sustainable growth.
- - Support the Libyan economy and contribute to its growth and diversification of revenue sources.
- Create employment and training opportunities.
- Transfer of knowledge and technology to Libyan nationals.